Sunday, August 30, 2015

Post Post Surgery Update!

Things have been going really well with my recovery.  I haven't taken any prescription pain medication in days and don't have to take quite as much ibuprofen as I was taking before.  I went to the grocery store with Keith yesterday and the hour trip being up and moving around took me about 12 hours to recover from!  It gets better each day and I was finally able to sleep all night in bed instead of on the recliner.  That was WONDERFUL.  I have my post op appointment (one of three) on Friday and will find out the prognosis for when I can return to work.  I have to say I couldn't even think of work last week (other than checking my e-mails) but there seems to be room in my head in the last couple of days to think of things other than healing.

On a different note, I read an article about being more happy and am going to try one of the tips presented in the article.  I think of myself as a generally happy person but being happy is such a integral thing in life that being more deliberate about happiness doesn't seem like a bad investment of time. The thing I am going to try is to write down three things I am grateful for each night.  I like this one because it allows for specificity as over time things like health and home get used early and to make it meaningful I will have to be specific.

No comments: